I am in the process of making covers for my armchair cushions and let me tell you I am not enjoying it one bit!
For some reason I have choosen a fabric that requires extra effort to line up due to the pattern. Then to make matters worse I decided to go with piping!
Now I spent several hours last night cutting, aligning, swearing, stitching, un-stitching, re-cutting and its no where near finished! And I ran out of piping so I can’t finish it until I get some more! And I don’t have a zipper foot for my sewing machine as it is a cheap brand from Littlewoods!
Well I think the running out of piping might just be a blessing in disguise as I think (time will tell) I found an easier way thanks to the Easy Peasy DIY piping tut on the Little Snoring blog.
Now if you are crazy enough here is a tutorial for covering a whole sofa. I am following part of it for the cushions (except the piping bit).